Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Munsters LEGO and Hot Wheels Rigor Motor

Hot Wheels released the Rigor Motor in 1994 heavily influenced by The Munsters Drag-U-La.  I remember meeting Butch Patrick, the actor who played Eddie Munster on the TV series, and he commented on how many Rigor Motors he's been asked to autograph over the years.
Hot Wheels Rigor Motor
Alex Jones (aka Orion Pax) brings us The Munsters' mansion seen below from the 1960's hit TV show.


Everything in the photo is built from LEGO's including the George Barris designed Munster Koach and Grandpa's Drag-U-La.  Amazing.  Simply amazing.

Here's the real Drag-U-La show car in front of the Munster Koach in the classic Hot Rod Herman episode for reference.


Striking similarity to the Rigor Motor, eh?


For more LEGO builds please check out The Brothers Brick.

No comments: