Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Snake & Mongoose Film Announced

Exciting funny car news was announced on the NHRA's website:

Snake & Mongoose film producers Robin Broidy and Stephen Nemeth have announced the casting of Jesse Williams as drag racing icon Don “the Snake” Prudhomme and Richard Blake as fellow legend Tom “the Mongoose” McEwen. The story details the friendship, rivalry, personal tragedies, triumphs, and business successes of “the Snake” and “the Mongoose.”



Not only did the two men make drag racing history as champion drivers but they also modernized the sport in 1970 by shrewdly enticing toy giant Mattel Inc. to make its then-new Hot Wheels line the sport’s first corporate sponsor. The Mattel sponsorship money and revenue from other sponsors that immediately followed enabled Prudhomme and McEwen to produce remarkable innovations in their dragsters and to make racing a major sport globally.

Only a few major motion pictures have been made about the world of drag racing with Shirley Muldoney's story in 1983's Heart Like A Wheel being the last that I recall.

For additional reading see my blog entry about the Hot Wheels Snake and Mongoose.

No comments: