Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hot Wheels Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

Today I opened a Hot Wheels Harley-Davidson Fat Boy.   

I haven't really kept up with the many motorcycles released over the years but couldn't resist this one.


Fat Boy


It's one hefty hunk of diecast.  I love the black handlebars and seat.  Can't beat it for a buck.

Below is the real 2011 bike.  The Hot Wheels is a bit tall and chunky by comparison but still quite nice.  I imagine customizers will paint the front fender, black-wash the engine and add a few details.


The first bike in the lineup goes back to 1975's Motocross 1.  I can only assume it wasn't popular because there wasn't another bike for years.  Mattel re-introduced motorbikes to the Hot Wheels line-up with 1997's First Edition Scorchin' Scooter, a sweet looking custom.


Scorchin' Scooter
There were many more bikes to follow but I chose to stick to cars.  Until yesterday. 


No comments: