Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's a Hot Wheels Treasure Hunt but it's not Super!

I was lucky enough to find a regular TH Baja Beetle yesterday (on long card; photo borrowed).  Great casting with metal base and big off-road tires.  Wish it were the Super version because the rubber tires remind me of one of my favorite '80s Real Riders, the Baja Bug.  Somewhere along the way the name was changed from Baja Bug to Baja Beetle.  Real Riders was the name of a mainline series produced in the mid-80's that featured "real" rubber tires on plastic hubs instead of the traditional one-piece plastic.



2010 Regular TH



2010 Super TH


1984 Real Rider Baja Bug

No comments: