Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hot Wheels Troy Soldier a nod to USC Trojans

2012 Hot Wheels Troy Soldier

If I was a USC Trojan I'd be all over this one.  As it is I'll have to pass.

Interesting concept and execution inspired by Greek soldier uniform.  I like the realistic color influences, the gleaming gold chrome body and the detailed roof/helmet.


I'm a longtime fan of fantasy concept cars but this looks like it belongs in the Rose Bowl parade.  Reminds me of Fleetwood Mac's fabulous song Tusk.  Eventually, this one may sneak up on me.

 In the meantime I'm moving on. 


PS
In 1971 AMT released this plastic model kit likely an inspiration for the Troy Soldier.

 

No comments: