Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Friday, January 13, 2012

I Buy Hot Wheels Collections

I buy toy car collections.  And there's nothing like buying from original owners.  It assures original parts and there's a certain charm to buying someone's childhood toys and not from an adult collector.  A well-loved toy is a thing to behold. 

The process of buying a collection goes something like this:

Seller contacts me and says they have toy cars for sale.  I request photos and what they're like to get dollar-wise for their collection.  Below is a photo I received from a seller. 


Based on the photos and/or description I make an offer. We negotiate.  We make a deal.  Seller sends me their collection.


It's a blast opening the box when it arrives.  This seller kept his cars in the original rally carrying case.  Cases were very popular and came in many styles, this being perhaps the most iconic.  I suspect cases are the reason so many Hot Wheels survived since the '60s.


Next step is assessing the condition of each car.  Many look better or worse than they did in the photos.  Then it's time for a little cleanup.  I keep the cars I want for my collection and put the rest for sale on my website or my favorite internet shop.

If you're thinking of selling your collection keep in mind that if you want top dollar for each and every car then you should sell them individually.  But it takes a lot of time and effort to do that.   Collections sell for less than individual values.  Afterall, the buyer is taking the good with the bad and the seller has the ease of packing and shipping just once.

If you'd like to consider selling your childhood collection please contact me through my website (link above right).  I buy toys from the 60s and 70s and earlier.  I'm always looking to buy Hot Wheels, Topper Johnny Lightning, Corgi and other vintage toy cars. You will be amazed at what your old toys are worth.

I offer top dollar and am particularly looking for "redlines", the original Mattel Hot Wheels toy cars made from 1967-1977 with red striped tires. I buy Hot Wheels car cases, collector buttons, track sets and accessories. Also slot cars from Aurora, Cox and Tyco A/FX as well as plastic model kits from Aurora, AMT, Revell, MPC and Monogram.


If you want to help someone you love to start collecting Hot Wheels I recommend the Hot Wheels 20 Car Gift Pack and Hot Wheels Molded 48 Car Case.  You simply can't go wrong when it comes to bang for the buck.

Hot Wheels Molded 48 Car Case - Colors and Styles May VaryHot Wheels 20 Car Gift Pack รข€“ Styles May Vary

No comments: