Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Today I Opened A '70 Chevelle SS Wagon

Today I opened a '70 Chevelle SS Wagon from the Hot Wheels Garage series.  To my surprise there was a dent in the hood just forward of the hood scoop as well as related paint damage.  The blister pack showed no signs of abuse.  



Now I'm sorry but it's bad enough I have to put up with dents and dings on my real car; toy cars are fantasy.

For more about the Chevelle family may I suggest Chevelle SS 1964-1972: A Muscle Car Source Book or if you prefer large scale diecast Revell 1:25 '70 Chevelle SS 454.

No comments: