Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hot Wheels Bump Around | HW Racing 2013



This could be my favorite Hot Wheels of all time.

Based on the scale of a small wheel this wild ride is way bigger than 1/64.  Perhaps 1/32 or even 1/24.

Not sure why Mattel went with dark chrome base when it would have been more accurate in black plastic.  Ironically in this time of cost-cutting wherein many Hot Wheels have plastic bodies because it is cheaper. And the base looks exactly like diecast though it's plastic.

Most cars in the HW Racing line have diecast bases and many have plastic bodies.  This produces a lower center of gravity which is excellent for track set racing.  The Bump Around seems like an odd choice for the racing line.

If you want a bigger bumper car that your kids to ride on you won't do better than the Radio Flyer 740 Classic Bumper Car (Google Affiliate Ad) seen below.


No comments: