Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hot Wheels Porsche 908 Spyder Hybrid


Gorgeous new hybrid from Porsche.  Another beauty from Hot Wheels.  Poised on my desk this car looks real with tampo headlights and Porsche emblem, realistic dark grey interior with 3-spoke steering wheel and well-bolstered racing buckets.  When Mattel designers nail it they really nail it.

The Porsche 918 Spyder is a mid-engined sports plug-in hybrid powered by a 4.6 litre V8 engine and two electric motors. Porsche plans to manufacture 918 units as a 2014 model with deliveries starting winter 2013.

*From the 2013 HW Showroom segment.

 

No comments: