Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hot Wheels 2012 Volkswagen Beetle

Today I Opened a Hot Wheels 2012 Volkswagen Beetle.  That's the new new Beetle.  It's the turbo model by the way.  Nicely done is a black skyroof and black topped spoiler.





Well done are tampos for head and tailights, VW emblem and license plate.  Not so niice are the too small wheels/tiresl.  Lately Hot Wheels has been using oversized tires that ruin the look '71 Trans Am Firebird and '70 Toyota Celica come to mind.  Here we get the opposite effect. 

The roofline is squat compared to the real car.  Overall, instead of a cool hot rodded classic we have a tame rendition of an uber cool auto.



For a bit of fun with the old New Beetle check out this great VW Bug Coupe CD Player.


No comments: