1. BUY WHAT YOU LIKE. You'll never be disappointed.
2. PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF. If you really want to find that elusive car, there's nothing like persistence. But when collecting takes too much time away from family ,work and friends, you may have gone too far.
3. VALUE. Collectibles are worth what the buyer and seller agree they're worth.
4. LIMITED EDITIONS. A Limited Edition of 5,000 is not necessarily worth more than a Limited Edition of 10,000. Desirability is the key, not production numbers. This is true for all collectibles.
5. DEALERS. Anyone who constantly buys stuff, old or new, for resale is a dealer. Then again, most collectors are dealers to some extent. Hmmmmmm.
6. FUN. Fun is the most important part of collecting. If you're not having fun then you shouldn't be collecting.