Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Batmobile Four-1 (Bat-1)

Hot Wheels Four-1

The Hot Wheels Four-1 is a custom design along the lines of a Smart car. This pint-size vehicle sports a huge 4 cylinder engine where a passenger might otherwise sit.  The black paint and wing-like rollbar extension  immediately reminded me of the Batmobile.  The blue windshield recalls one of my favorite toys: the Corgi #267 TV Batmobile from the 60s TV series.  The blue wheels allude to the glowing hubs on the Batmobile from Batman Forever.

The "Bat-1" (No room for Robin in this 1)


I removed most of the graphics from the side and the racing number from the rollbar.  The Corgi Batmobile inspired the bat sticker on the door for a retro touch.


The Bat-1 in front of a 1966 movie poster



King of the Kustomizers: The Art of George Barris 
King of the Kustomizers: The Art of George Barris is a fantastic book that covers many of Barris' creations including the 1966 TV Batmobile.

Hot wheels 1966 Batmobile Elite Version Limited

If you're a fan of the 1966 Batmobile you'll want this incredibly detailed 1:18 scale  Hot wheels 1966 Batmobile Elite Version Limited.  Mattel scanned Barris' 1:1 car to generate the casting. 

No comments: