Welcome

Welcome to HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels. I played with Mattel Hot Wheels when I was a kid and began collecting them as an adult in 1996 shortly after leaving a 79 cent limited edition Treasure Hunt Passion on the pegs at KMart. That car is now worth $100! Several months later I found and bought three Treasure Hunts at Target. I was hooked.

I am interested in buying childhood collections of toy cars: Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Husky, Dinky and Topper Johnny Lightning; Slot cars from Cox, Aurora and Tyco AF/X; Plastic model kits from AMT, Monogram, MPC. Please contact me via my website link below.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hot Wheels Golden Submarine



Built by Webb's Automotive Art in Burton, MI, the car is a modern interpretation of the 1917 Golden Submarine race car that was raced by driving legend Barney Oldfield. It features an all-aluminum body and Ford Racing Zetec ZX3-spec alcohol crate engine producing 175 horsepower. 

An odd choice for a Hot Wheels but I'd buy it as a mainline car.  Zamack would be nice or perhaps DeLorean gold.  Here it is from Larry's Garage premium line...

No comments: